Kingsport, Johnson City, and Bristol, TN
Why not make your Christmas dinner extra special this year by grilling up a delicious prime rib roast for your guests? Follow these easy steps to ensure a delectable, juicy roast that will wow everyone at the table. Buying a rib roast may be intimidating, but trust us; you will want to trade in the ham every year for this easy recipe!
- 1 (6-rib) standing rib roast
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried sage
- Garlic cloves
- Take the meat out of the fridge about 1 hour before grilling time. This allows the internal temperature of the meat to come down.
- Brush the meat with oil, which helps keep it moist and prevent it from sticking to the grill.
- Generously sprinkle it with salt, pepper, and dried herbs. You can make slits in the meat using a sharp knife to insert the cloves of garlic.
- Prepare the charcoal grill, the temperature inside the grill should range between 300 to 325 degrees F.
- Place the meat, bone-side down, on the rack directly in the center of the grill, cover the lid, and grill until internal temperature reaches 125 degrees F, roughly 2 to 2 ½ hours for medium rare.
- Remove meat from the grill, bring it inside, allowing it to rest before carving. Enjoy!
Be sure to make good use of your grill this winter by enjoying these recipes, and more! For information about outdoor kitchen planning, or to schedule a consultation, contact Promier Outdoor Products today by calling (423) 246-7977.
Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season, from the folks at Promier Outdoor Products. Serving Kingsport, Johnson City, and Bristol, Tennessee.
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/standing-rib-roast-recipe.html?oc=linkback